View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 10:30 AM   #170
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Driveshaft is in. Hats off to the guys at Automotive Driveline Supply in Hurst, Texas... I gave them the measurements and 3 days later it’s done, in spite of a pandemic. Fits like a glove, but I do see lots of cutting and welding in my future.

My air ride bags are installed but not plumbed up and holding pressure. I have some 2x4’s lodged in between the frame and trailing arms in order to raise the truck and have enough room to work under it. Well, the truck is sitting above ride height and I only have like a 1/4 inch clearance between the back of the cab and driveshaft and about the same between the driveshaft and the crossmember. If I were to let the truck down, there would be almost instant contact.

My plan is to continue to do as much pre assembly to the truck with the cab and bed still on the frame, then address this problem. When I do pull the cab off next time, I’m hoping to give everything the final once over. Repaint anything that got missed or scratched, correct the driveshaft issue and check all bolts for proper torque. If I’m lucky I’ll even get the cab painted.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote