View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 08:55 PM   #28
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

just a little to report,i spent a couple days this week driving a dump truck where we are hauling 700,maybe a 1000 loads to rock to a dyke being built 2 miles long being in a national wetlands area,i managed to get all the little parts,rad support and inner fenders painted,new front shocks installed and then the shop cleaned up,can't build a motor in a mess,so i was most of today cleaning up,organized and checked all the parts for my engine build,cleaned the deck of the block,the timing chain cover and fuel pump flanges and then tapped all the threaded holes,an important step.even though this thing just came back from the machine shop and the hot tank and the de-ruster tank,it still isn't clean as it could be.every threaded hole has to be tapped,some are full of sealant,rust and just dirt.i spent hours and hours cleaning bolts,can't forget about the threads in the block.the transmission is at the tranmission guys place.the rebuild kit i ordered him is there and the last couple of pieces needed for the transmission are on the way from a member in New Hampshire,thanks Dan.tomorrow i will start assembling the engine.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote