View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 11:55 PM   #27
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Anti-Window Rattle Seals

Okay, now that I can roll up my driver's side window again (thank you Bones72Super) I started putting in the anti-rattle belts.

The inner fuzzy just needed a slight cut so it could properly tuck behind the door seal in the B Pillar.

On the outer rubber, well I am holding off until I hear from Jeff. I have marked my tape for the center slots for the snaps, which this allows the rubber belt to line up pretty darn good to the B Pillar (flush). Though it can't fit properly on the vent side - which is the side I need to cut. Which of course it requires a bit more than just whacking off the end. This end tucks between the vent and the door and I want Jeff's eyes on this before I cut anything.

This got me thinking about my door. My truck is a 72 and it seems a 72 door is "special".

1. it has a reinforcement screw - which I learned needs to be loosened. This screw is just behind the vent window.
2. the door's molded cover uses 8 (4 top and 4 lower) "plastic christmas trees" to snap the cover to the door.

So with these slight differences, this makes me wonder if the anti-rattle belts are slight shorter than for 67~71 trucks? Total guess...
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote