View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #265
lowdownstar
big guy

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

I guess you and me are in the same boat BC i don't have the money to pay someone else to do my truck either. I just need to grow a set of balls and just do it, and not worrie if i scew it up, because as one guy once said to me that is why they make welders! You mess it up you weld it up! and do it again! I am ok with the welding part i did that for the navy, (20 years ago) but i still can stick the metal together. lol the parts today are just so much money, and even the paint or sand paper, everything is just so high, even doing it yourself is not cheap! I guess that is why it's like 10,000 to paint a truck if you have someone else do it. For me i am going to try and do as much as i can, and i thank god for this forum and all the great people on here who are more then willing to help, like yourself. Thanks again for your help and insight, you can tell you are a hard worker and they type of person who takes pride it what he does. It shows in your truck and how nice you are to the people here on the forum. BC where do you buy your parts? i want to install a front bumper on the truck but i don't want to buy a ****ty one.

Thanks Ray
lowdownstar is offline   Reply With Quote