View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 08:44 PM   #67
TP from Cntl PA

My brother was looking for an old F-Series Ford to paint and use..............He ended up finding a $200 C-10 way out in the country through my neighbor. It was rusty, frame was shot from 11" before the rear axle to the rear bumper. It did have a nice running 250, 3spd and drove ok. Well he bought it and brought it home. Mean while he tore it apart for useable parts. He then got another short step C-10 just like it(250, 3spd) and it was even the same green color! Well, paid the same $200 for it and used it as a farm truck............We tried to break it and never could! Hauled unbelieveable loads on wood out with it, raked corn stalks on the farm, pulled wagons all over the township with 2nd gear out ! We did put a new oil pan and valve cover gasket on the 250, fixed the tranny, put a better floor in the bed, put bigger mirrors on it, and put 33's on the rear And its still going strong!!!!!!!!!!! I never seen any other brand of truck take this kind of abuse and keep going.

Well, after seeing what that C-10 could do, I bought a '69 GMC 3500, 305 V-6 with a 4 spd and nice dump box............It was an ex-township truck, and it is rusty but works really good for $750

Bought a decent '71 C-20 with a 350, 3 spd, LWB last spring............Used it all over the farm and since it is on the road I drive it sometimes to school and work. Just finished up putting a stack body on it and I hope to get it painted before fall so it will stay decent until it gets a true resto!

Oh, forgot the '70 K-10 my brother is restoring now

Inlines Rule! 6 soldiers standing is better than 8 laying down!!!!!!!!
TP from Cntl PA is offline   Reply With Quote