View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #668
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

They didn't have the same meaning back when I was in school in the 60's. The district had a short bus on A Chevy or GMC chassis that Went down (south) past my house on US 97 to a sheep ranch run by an extended family of two or three brothers and their families. It picked up their kids, two kids at another sheep ranch, a Classmate and his cute sister, The guy who owns all the rusty cars south of Toppenish and his sisters and my sister and I. Once in a while it got used as a team bus on Saturdays. I'm thinking it was an early 60's bus.

I used to ride up to the sheep ranch and back with the driver some evenings after school just for the ride and to give him some company on the way back. I was even the one who talked him into applying for the Auto mechanics Teacher job when I was a Jr and he was my auto mechanics teacher and taught until he retired and I started teaching the class in 1978.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote