Thread: project 86
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #217
SCOTI

Re: project 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxy View Post
Hopefully you ordered some upper "dodger" arms from MMW, because I think with the Sectioned crossmember they're required. Keep up the progress!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket
Lookin' good buddy, I like the sectioned cross member. I saw a thread on those MMW arms they are slick. I am curious to see if it lays all the way out with stock steering shaft. Did you get the "Dodger" upper arms?
For what it's worth, MMW builds the Dodger arms to clear the shaft on 'stock' located x-members when trying to lay out. They would not say their Dodger series arms would benefit or clear in a raised x-member application. Looking @ where the arm 'dodges' the shaft, it's hard to say w/o having everything assembled.

That being said, the standard flat c-10 arms should provide the clearance necessary for lowered trucks using raised x-members (those not trying to lay out) & be cheaper/cleaner vs using u-joints.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote