View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 11:59 PM   #130
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Got the engine harness figured out. Intake is bolted down. Coils are installed. I need a few parts like a thermostat outlet hose fitting and some caps to block unused vacuum and water lines. Also need to pick a gauge package so I have the sending units for the engine. The gauges from factory five are out of stock (of course), they are a reproduction of the original smiths gauges probably made by autometer. Autometer cobra gauges are available from multiple sources. The smiths gauges are also available but more expensive. I'm looking at some Dakota digital ones.
https://www.dakotadigital.com/index....rod/prd919.htm
About the same cost as the autometer version but spiffed up some. My wife reminded me that I don't have to make it like everyone else does, trying to copy the original. I can build it however I want. Which brings me back to color choices. I always figured it would be a shade of blue. I've bounced around back and forth on this. I thought I had decided this past summer on a super dark blue with ghost stripes. But I was still thinking of other options afterwards. I keep coming back to using the same turquoise as my C10. I love the color and I've seen pics of cobras done in turquoise that look amazing. The only reason I've resisted is because I didn't want to be the guy with turquoise cars. Stupid reason.
Attached Images

Last edited by hgs_notes; 01-03-2023 at 12:30 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote