View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 09:41 PM   #134
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
That DEI heat shield woks really well!! I put some on the plastic underbelly on my motorcycle. I had to buy a new one as the old one had been melted by the aftermarket exhaust system. The pan is maybe a 1/4" from the exhaust tube and there has been NO signs of warpage or heat related damage.
Excellent!

Stopped by Dakota digital today, they are based in Sioux Falls, to get some tech support. The Ford control pack for the 1st generation coyote engine is supposed to tie in with a thing called a speed dial, which is basically a gadget that transforms the VSS signal from the transmission into a signal that works with the engine ecu. Without it the engine might stall under certain conditions. It just tells the engine the car is in motion. The problem is that the speed dial is not available anymore. The factory five forum had a thread where the guy got something from modern drive line, so I contacted them and got a part number. Great! But while driving I wondered if the Dakota digital system might have a suitable output. Well not exactly from what I bought but they do have an add on that should work and it's cheaper than the MDL part or the speed dial, so I bought that.

They also have cruise control systems that I can use on my LS swapped 79 crewcab, so I'm glad I stopped by.

I think I have everything to finish the air intake and cooling systems. And the electrical stuff should be all on hand, except i need to decide on battery mounting and get some ground cables. I'm going to drop off the injectors tomorrow for cleaning. Then I just need the J pipes from factory five. No word from them yet on if they have the correct ones or shipping if they do.

Pic for attention, as they say on the bookface.
Attached Images

Last edited by hgs_notes; 01-19-2023 at 07:07 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote