View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 12:00 PM   #23
joedoh

Re: what stupid thing did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the 60's View Post
JUST a motor ?? How did the trans fluid look/smell/taste ?? Front has been crashed and replaced with trans am parts ? Deep down, you KNOW that is going to need far more than a motor to be what you want it to be....yes, extensive stupidity experience talking. You're a far better man than me to be able to walk away.

trans fluid was perfect. front end just needed aligned, the structure is not bent. I looked a LOT. i have been called a lot worse things than "far better man" so I thank you.

I actually considered a turbo K20 / 8HP70 swap, it sounds ridiculous but the turbo K20 would have more power (a lot more) than even the 89 TTA which was the fastest and quickest car made in america that year and several years after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Do you guys have wives who actually go into your buildings?? Mine never did... Never. Boy, that was a great feeling once I realized that. Once I started leasing that barn for my shop it was pure heaven. But back then projects were way cheaper, once it came time for the reveal (in as bought cond.)
well the crux is that my wife saw me gazing prettily on the car and sighing faintly and coerced my daughters to go thirds with her and buy it for fathers day! so i had approval. but the deposit was mine to lose... I did ask to buy the extra GTA rims and did, so if there is a consolation prize I may own the most expensive set of GTA rims in the USA

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote