Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #154
Ian30

Re: Make it handle

Rob, I appreciate you giving out all this advice, I've had a hard time finding the information that you've given here so freely. It's interesting how much of the information out there is just people spreading hear say and not actual practical stuff. I just want to start off with a decent handling suspension without any major quirks that I can possibly tweak in the future if I want more. Can I just recap what you have suggested regarding rear suspension setups and ask a few more questions just for clarification.

Low long Panhard bar - ideally equal to axle centerline.
A light swaybar - Do I run without at first and add it if needed later on?
Mount the links wide
2/3 of link verticle separation below axle centerline
Lower link approx. level at ride height, top link sloping down 4-5 degrees
Instant center should be in front of the front axle
anti-squat less than 100%Would it be better with a number below 50%??? How low is too low??

OK, thats all I can think of for now. I am also attaching some free excel link calculators that I found. I am using the 3 link for this setup even though it will have 2 upper links as the four link calc is more for triangulated setups. I don't think that changes any of the numbers having two upper links. I don't know if you have seen these before, but can you please look at them and give me your opinion if you think they are crap or a good starting point.

Thanks again, Ian
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3LinkV1.0bBETA.zip (38.4 KB, 330 views)
File Type: zip 4BarLinkV3.1d.zip (64.7 KB, 251 views)

Last edited by Ian30; 10-17-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: clarification
Ian30 is offline   Reply With Quote