View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #44
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Hello all,
It was a busy weekend for my truck.

Saturday got the camper, wheel wells, and the bed off the truck. Sadly I had to cut some bolts, and one of the steps is still connected to the wheel well because of a naughty bolt that was more stubborn than me at the time.

Sunday got going on cleaning the frame, fuel tank, and the tow hitch. Cleaned and painted.
Yesterday I had to plow some snow when I got home and the ATV wanted to be a slug so I had to stubborn it into life. An ATV with a snow plow is a hoot, and probably the most fun I have ever had pushing snow around ~chuckles~
Today I started with a minor mock up of the tank and hitch to see where I would be standing with them.

Is nice to think I am getting to a point where I can start putting things back together too...

Pic #1 is the general mock up
#2 is a closer shot
#3 is a close up of the d-side corner, this shows my frame to be about 3.75 inches too short to complete the hitch mounting. The ideas I am kicking around is adding 4" of frame straight off the back end ~or~ some sort of stiffner that runs the full length of the hitch mounting inside the channel of the frame which would be bolted in using the tank mounting strap bolts as well as the hitch mounting bolts. (This solution would be easiest I think, though I fear not the best or strongest) A donor frame would be ideal I think for the metal alone....
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote