View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #89
lenguini

Talking Re: Project truck dream 65"

Soooooooo,onto the interior,the ideas I'v had over many months will be put to the test now.

You will notice the fresh primer at the transmission tunnel...,well it has now been replaced !Originally this was a standard floor shift tunnel,I changed it out to an automatic hump from another '65.Sorry folks...no pics of that,but pretty strait forward anyway.

I decided to go with the Vintage air compac unit as its small and fits well under the dash.So while the glove compartment lid was removed,I did a final fit and location and my buddy Tyler welded in all mounting brackets.I wanted to make the unit hidden,so It mounted much higher than most I have seen.

In the meantime,I drilled the new hole for the wiring harness at the firewall.I first traced a line around the outside of the inner fender so my location was exact.You will notice two fasteners to the right of the hole,that is the updated e-brake system out of an early 80's Chev pu.Not a fan of the hand release style,so I opted for this.

I wanted to relocate the gas pedal,so I made a mounting block that fits in the v groove of the steering column boss and Tyler welded it into place.I also modified the brake arm,it has now been moved to the left to accommodate the new gas pedal location

You will notice the dash at the heater control area was modified earlier on.To do this,I cut a dummy panel out of a wreck,and had it welded in place.Now both right and left sides of the center dash are the same where the air louvers are installed.

Next the ashtray was cut out.Tyler made up a panel for the new air/heater control on the bead roller and welded it into place.The glove compartment also shaved and welded in place !

I always thought the bottom of the dash on these trucks looked unfinished,so I came up with and idea some time ago and figured I give it a try.I had Tyler "tack it on only",that way If my idea sucked,it could easily be removed.
Attached Images

My build thread-project truck dream 65"

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=510863

Last edited by lenguini; 03-07-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spell
lenguini is offline   Reply With Quote