View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #846
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Looks like a truck! Yaay! Love the upholstery!
That's a special fabric. Biodegradable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Flowmaster Super 10 Series, I've got some of those on the '67 behind the shop. You'll love them.
Progress is progress, Lookin good
Two steps forward and one step back will still get me there I guess. Just ordered those Super 10's but am wonderin about welding them (stainless) to steel exhaust tubing. I've got some stainless wire, suppose I'll need a different shield gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Looking good John, after looking at the bed again it's impossible to tell it had been shortened. Nice work!
Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with the results but there's some filler in there. I'm sure there'll be a few touches more once I get to blocking it down too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_67C10 View Post
Woa!!! Cab, bed, motor... Pretty soon... Tire melting burnouts
I've got the cab and bed back off and on the dollies but it was hard to do cuz it looked awful cool mocked up like that! I want to get my roller chassis and motor done then I'll bite the bullet and paint the sucker. The YZF is gone and I'm down to one bike in the shop - mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Nice work, John. It's always a great feeling when parts start going back together.
Thanks Vic! I'm pretty sure the only greasy / nasty thing I've got left in inventory is the motor. Hoping to get the block, crank and heads out for tank and magnaflux here soon! Nice job on the wiring last week!

I picked up some tubing and flat bar to build the trans cross member yesterday but when I got home the Boy had another truck tore to $hit in the shop. I helped with that circus so no project work. I'm gonna try and get out there tonight and build something!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote