View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 10:48 PM   #33
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

HUNTER'S 1978 GMC C15 SIERRA BUILD THREAD

I feel like there's so much small things lost while I'm playing catch up, so that's why I'm trying to get to the present - So I can post things as they happen.

After we brought the cab back we flipped it up on it's back on some foam we had laying around. I had decided that I wanted to get the underside of the cab done in raptor liner for sound deadening, rust prevention, and insulation.

Remember earlier when I mentioned that we were chewing on the idea of welding ourselves? Well.. I let my dad go as far as buying a mig machine. He had been practicing and I'm glad he did. At the time I couldn't afford the welder again, he was cheap but I'm also not Mr. Moneybags.

I was pretty impressed and I still am that he was able to do it given the little experience. The welds don't look great but I was happy to not have big rust holes anymore. I expect a lot of criticism on this part but you do what you can with what you got.. atleast nobody could see it, right? My truck sits pretty low.

This was all located on the driverside rocker panel.

Same story for the passenger side but not as bad.

And with the work of editing magic, the undercoat was gone. It took multiple weekends of me going out there with a gasket scraper and going to town. I learned the hard way not to reactivate the stuff with chemicals. It turns into an absolute sticky mess and doesn't want to come off.

Last edited by HunterRotten; 04-09-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling error
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote