View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 03:08 PM   #1122
LT7A

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

I didn't understand the part about the personal registration plate, cheap and right.

As far as the front bumper damage, I'm with 68Timber, that the timing on that is when you are doing other body work, possibly fixing the hood from your dearly departed lodger? In the meantime, I would go to a paint store that has a spectrum analyzer and get a match for your gray, possibly take the gas door in? I would not get it in metallic since the metal particles will not lay right when you touch it up and it will contrast. So I would use it sparingly just to dot in the affected places where the substrate shows through. Again, not brush strokes but tiny little dots just to fill in. Then, later, if you have occasion to do a little sanding and filling, you can smooth it out and get a color matched rattle can, like 68Timber said. And finally is the professional repaint if you are having other work done. My thoughts, FWIW.

That little truck is in good hands now. I like the attention to detail you are giving it whilst you enjoy it. (See, I went all British and said whilst. But I know you are from .za)

Last edited by LT7A; 04-08-2021 at 05:10 AM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote