View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 10:59 AM   #42
shsahs

Re: Ole Brown’s new color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetown Parrothead View Post
What is best Spark Plug and Plug Wires to get….
Personally NGK plugs, and Moroso Ultra 40 wires have worked "best" for me.

Quote:
Help please…. Best aftermarket Chrome Fuel pump. 1980 Chevy C10 350 5.7. Wanting to slowly start adding the chrome stuff. Just added Chrome 100 Amp Alternator, Valve Covers, Timing Cover, Air Cleaner.

Needing Fuel Pump, Water Pump, new fan blade, anything else I need..
I'm not a huge chrome guy but years ago Edelbrock mechanical fuel pump was quality aftermarket pump. I believe they are chrome or a polished aluminum. The OEM water pumps and alternators are imho the "best" for street use. There is just no way to keep all the crooks and cranny's free of road grime and moisture. With most of todays china chrome it wont last and will look worse than a clean aluminum or painted surface.

Quote:
Just ordered Autolite XP25-4PK Iridium XP Spark Plugs…. What is some great wires and Distributor Caps to get?
Moroso Ultra 40 wires and MSD caps for me. These specific Ultra 40 Moroso wires are very nice pieces. 8.65mm diameter wire with 40 ohms of resistance per foot. Have very nice heat shrink on the boots as seen in the pic below.

The key to keeping wires in great shape is not skimping on some quality looms securely mounted.
But this may not be what others consider "great" however they have served me well for many years.

If you are going to keep adding or changing things you might consider Ceramic coated headers at some point. A quality set is not cheap and often requires a little extra work to fit. But do help with heat saturation on the old style small block heads while offering a lot of shine. Also if you want to really clean up the engine bay running the plug wires under the exhaust manifolds like the factory did the mid 80s Camaros sure helps ease the cleaning chrome valve covers and inspection of the valvetrain. One other tip to consider. Use stainless hardware. Bolts from the hardware store and chrome aftermarket look great for a little while but eventually you will regret using them. As they just infect the parts they hold with rust from my experience.

Hope that helps a little.