View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 08:38 PM   #236
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

Yup two steps forward and one step backward. I got the exhaust pipe cut down, that was a pain cutting into basically 4 elbows and making them not as sharp and not as tall, got it tacked together enough to take it off and I can finish welding it up later. Got the hitch lowered and my nephew came over this afternoon and helped me get the bed on, which is visual progress if nothing else. Still got to fasten it down, get the fuel necks fastened in, get the wiring on the bed redone and plugged into the harness on the frame, and get the exhaust pipe back on. My son came home from college with the blazer this afternoon and since the sun was shining, (in between spring snow storms) I decided we better line up the fleet and get a pic of them all. First time all four were mobile at the same time!
So for my one step backward for the day, as I was driving it back to the shop, I turned the wheel all the way so I could see how sharp it would turn and found out yes the pump does have too much pressure for the hydroboost system . Blew the accumulator apart on the hydrobooster and christened the side of my nice clean motor with its first bath of oil I guess a system that likes 1500 lbs of pressure doesnt like a pump thats set at 2200 lbs of pressure. Think Rockauto will warrantee it for me??
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote