View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 02:18 PM   #166
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Is that a variable or 2 speed fan? Are you using the PWM function to run it or did you find a way around that for a high/low function?

From what research I've done, Gen V's are accompanied by fans that have three wires running to them - constant power, ground, and a control wire that comes from the PCM. Is that what you have?
There you go again, revealing my ignorance.

On Gringoloco’s thread, he mentioned the one he went with was a Spectra brand, and it had 2 speeds. I went to hunting the web for that one, and as usual I started price comparison shopping along with seeing who could get it to me the fastest. In the midst of all that I don’t even know which one I bought. If my head wasn’t attached I’d probably walk off and leave it.

I do know the fan has only 2 wires. I tested it with a motorcycle battery and it spun up to speed in a hurry, at the same time the bare ground wire nearly burned through my finger. (Note to self, next time don’t use bailing wire.)

When I get back to the house I’ll look at the harness to see how many wires are designated for the fan. If my memory is right I just remember 1 blue wire for the fan, so if that’s the case would that be a signal wire?

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote