Thread: 55.2-59 Headlight wiring help
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 10:06 PM   #13
Missyblue

Re: Headlight wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
Yes. This is correct and first thing I thought about when you had headlights and parking light on at the same time. Something is not wired right at the switch.

You probably have a ground issue. Make sure you have as heavy ground cable To the block, as the power cable to starter. Then a heavy ground cable to the frame and to the body from the block. My TRUK doesn't have individual ground wires to each socket, not needed until your vehicle gets rusty and crusty and by then the additional ground wires will need replacing. TRUK has run fine for 12 years.

Look at joedoe's suggestions. Unless you added extra light fixtures, like the one ton trucks had, you have double filament bulbs back for tail and stop/turn and up front for running and turn.
OK yeah so we tested the bulbs and matched the wiring for the double filament bulb....like dim for running light and bright side for turn etc....the wiring kit has a left and right wire for the turn so just not sure where things are going weird. Have to go investigate the wolumb but I wired it per the instructions I attached before from the speedeway kit.....
Did you have to grind down your pretty paint for the mounting locations? My paint isn't pretty but just wondering haha
Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote