Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #141
SCOTI

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
Ok that makes sense, I need to double check but I'm guessing the gas tank flange holes are in line/centered with the tank strap channels so they should work like a charm in the existing holes I drilled. I hope so cuz that's exactly what I'll do. I'll have to modify the straps a little cuz they don't fit snug and precise but that's easy fix.

I really wanted to raise my tank as well so it didn't hang so low but that wasn't gonna happen with stock location of bed and rail. It will be fine though, 4.5 front, 5.5 rear with stock style chrome bumpers should hide most of it and I'm prob gonna paint it black.

Ok now off to read your build thread... Whew, 30 sum pages and your not done lol...

I couldn't answer your question w/o dbl checking to make sure but yes, the strap channels on the bottom of the tank do line up w/the mounting holes on the tank flange. They're not on center, but they are still within the channel width dimension.

Here are some pics from the tank set-up as it was installed in my stock frame rail 68:
* The retaining plates I made to work w/my 2" SS tank spacers (they're inside the SS tube)
* The tank spacer attached for a visual
* The SS tank straps
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 03-18-2019 at 04:16 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote