Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #143
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronald_70GMC View Post
Wow great progress this weekend! That wheel looks super nice too. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I'm pumped about that wheel. I still can't believe she picked the exact wheel I wanted. #awesomewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
I want to do something like this on the bottom of my cab. Watching to see how it goes. Keep it up
I gotta tell ya this process really went great. I just finished the rubberized undercoating tonight and will be posting pictures and details on it soon. I would definitely go this route if I had it to do all over again. My techniques would change and you can read about that very shortly lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurry67 View Post
That's all looking real sharp! Question - how'd you flip your cab? I'm getting close to that stage but I'm trying to figure out how in the heck I'm going to tip the cab without damaging it.
These cabs are pretty strong after you get them all welded up and ready. I had a friend over and just he and I picked up the cab several times during my process of cleaning and painting. So you probably saw my earlier posts how I built a jig for it to remove the cab from frame as a one man show with my cherry picker, this method worked great, completely balanced itself and I could swivel it no prob.

Once I had it on the ground my buddy came over and we picked it up and moved it outside on an old bedroom door so it wasn't sitting on concrete. This worked excellent while I washed with soap and water. And during this process I was flipping it all on my own from it sitting on its back, I would roll it over(pivoting on the 2 back cab corners) to sitting upright position and back. Man those cab corners didn't even budge. I payed attention to this closely. And I didn't let it sit on those cab corners long, I immediately and with a very quick and fluent motion rolled the cab without stopping.

Man handle that beast!

I just made sure there was either the cardboard or the door under the cab at all times so it was always padded from the hard ground.

Another option is to use 4x4's bolted on via the subframes under the cab. You could extend them out the back of the cab so they would pivot on those instead of the cab corners. Plus when it was sitting on its back those would also pick the bottom edge of the cab off the ground some which would angle the cab up towards you while you painted which would have been nice as I found that spraying material between the rear most frame rail and the back of cab(small gap) took some finess

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote