View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 11:37 AM   #8
SilverGT3RS

Re: Powering up my LQ9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyridin View Post
My L83 puts out about 480 hp at the crank. With 3.73 gears, 28" tall tire (13" wide) and a 3400 stall, it will fry the tires until you let off the pedal.

I agree with Accelo, knowing the cam specs and tuning the engine are 2 different things. Something isn't set-up right if you cannot smoke the tires in a 2wd truck.
The truck runs decently for the most part outside of running a bit rich and a stumble when coming to a stop….unfortunately I live about 4 hours from the nearest dyno tuner, so I’ve been relying on tuners to help me over the internet. I should have clarified that. I used “smoke the tires” kind of tongue in cheek…the truck will roast them now, but that’s easy in a 2wd truck as many pointed out.

For me, the fact I don’t know the cam size and stall size is irritating. When I couple that with a few other issues I’ve corrected on the truck I have a bit of skepticism that everything was well planned out. In other words, I believe the original modifying owner may have thrown some stuff together with the hope it would make a lot of hp.

The plan is to get it to the dyno at some point, but for now I’ve been tweaking it by tune files.

I’ll be talking to BTR and Texas Speed today and will update the thread with their recommendations just in case anyone is interested.
SilverGT3RS is offline   Reply With Quote