Thread: Nv4500 to np241
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 12:51 PM   #7
Tomo

Re: Nv4500 to np241

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Stronger route for sure, but as 454 said....adapter notch and a custom shifter mount fabrication. 205 also needs to be specific (ROUND PATTERN) and also requires an input swap. Round pattern 205s the majority of the time did have a 32 spline input , but they were always a long input and needed to be disassembled to replace to the early short 32 much like the 241. AND they are very rare to find now-a-days. 241s are strong and have been reliable if there are no leaks and if there is a leak you need to take care of it right away. 2-1/2 qts of ATF can disappear pretty quick with a just a single drip. With the slip yoke kit, an input swap and a rebuild kit, you'll have close to 1000.00 invested into the case. Well California price anyways. I think when I was done I'm pretty sure it was at least over 900.00 in parts including shipping from various vendors. Then the rear driveline had to be redone. Be sure to get the slip elim kit with a yoke as they can come with or without. I procure from either Off Road Design in Colorado or JB conversions. Last kit I got from Ord, and it was a nice and complete kit

Sounds like an input swap and sye kit will be worth it in the 241 since I only have $100 in it as it sits in stock 27 spline form.

I picked up my nv4500 yesterday (it’s out of an 02 silverado 3/4 ton). It has a sticker on the side that had a date of 3/23/2021. Did some digging and emailed Zumbrota Drivetrain, they confirmed that it is 1 of their remanufactured units from 2021. Very happy with my purchase.
Tomo is offline   Reply With Quote