View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #57
crsweet91

Re: Dash Pad- Covered With French Seam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I noticed on the dash pad for the 67-72 chevy, how did u wrap it if u dont mind me
Askin. Is it clip on, glue on, etc? I want to redo mine in ostrich and would lile to try it myself. U got mad skills man. Awesome work.
Posted via Mobile Device
No problem Ill give you some tips. Material is glued on using Landau Top and Trim Adhesive(comes in gallons).If your planning on doing a lot of other stuff in your interior I would highly reccommend this over spray can stuff. Its meant for high heat areas like dash pads. Youd need to spray it out of a cheap gun from harbor freight or something, nothing expensive.

If your not doing a seam on it, wrap it over the top and bottom. For the sides if you tried just folding it over youll find a bunch of excess material, What youll want to do is make a cut right in the middle of the side, get rid of any excess material and butt the two edges up together. That way youll get rid of the excess and allow you to lay the material flat without wrinkles. The sides will be hidden.(If I do one without a french seam Ill post a pic to show what I mean). Then glue your material over the edges on to the backside and trim any excess.

When I do it with a french seam I make the cover so it will conform over the dash. So no need to do that to the sides.

Hope that helps.