View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 10:01 PM   #851
Stepside Jim

Re: 1957 Chevy truck re-rebuild

Thanks for checking in Guys, it's always nice getting feed back.

daveshilling, brought up Zip ties, oh yeah, it would be so easy to just zip tie everything. I try to stay away from them being my go to fix. As long as I can plan the project I prefer to build brackets and use stronger /more permanent clamps to hold things.

But since we're on zip ties, on some projects I don't have the choice but to use zip ties. But since I know I have to use them I do have a way to make them more permanent and actually use them along with round steel tubing cut in half and welded to a plate that is bolted to the frame to create a solid support and help angle the direction of the lines.

In the pic below, of which is not my truck, I had multiple braided lines, battery cable, and fuel lines to run through a triangular opening in this frame. Once done, every thing was secure and nothing was rubbing on sharp edges.

Looking forward of that there are 2 black braided hoses be redirected along with being secured to a bracket.

This pic was taken during the fit up stage, there will be more zip ties in the vacant areas and the brackets will be painted ect.

Ok, just wanted to show an option for zip ties.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stepside Jim; 11-08-2023 at 09:54 AM.
Stepside Jim is offline   Reply With Quote