View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 04:57 PM   #30
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Anti-Window Rattle Seals

Got my replacements today and got the passenger side installed. All I ended up trimming was the rubber flap for the outside belt. The total cut out is now 1 inch. I had pre-cut it to be 9/16th but once I got the belt installed I needed to trim it more. I did this very carefully a fresh exacto blade without taking the belt out.

1. My blue tape (which you should use lots IMO) I marked the center slot holes in the door for the claps.
2. Unscrewed the screw that is in, what I gather, in 72 doors under the Vent Window (inside). I think I didn't do this the 1st time, thus my belt could not go in far enough.
3. Stuffed the vent side of the belt between the door and vent (outside) REALLY good.
4. checked the door B Pillar aliment.
5. Working my way from B Pillar to Vent I pulled toward me and down on the belt to get it to snap in. I did this with the door closed and me outside of cab.

The fuzzy side, which I actual installed first.

1. my blue tape (which you should use lots IMO) I marked the center slot holes in the door for the claps.
2. pull out the seal from the door B Pillar so I could stuff the belt into the door pillar, so it would be behind the seal.
3. With door opened and me standing behind the door I lined up the clips, push in and pulled toward me to get the snaps in - working my way from the door B Pillar to the Vent Window.

This time it worked! Or at least after I trimmed the rubber flap again. I think the outer belt could be just slightly cut but I am not removing it. I am letting sleeping dogs lie.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote