View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 06:05 PM   #19
jasinger01

Re: 1969 GMC.. right off the farm

Couple updates from the weekend:

New master from summit leaks, it has two ports on each side and comes with plugs to block the ports you don't need. Installed the plugs on the passenger facing side and went to bench bleed the master and it was pushing out around one of the plugs. They responded right away and said they'd send me a new unit.

I've been impressed with the CPP line kit until i got to the prop valve lines. It comes with a bracket to mount the PV under the MC, with crossover lines between the two. The length was off by about an inch on both of these little crossover lines. I tried multiple holes on the bracket and even bent it to get it closer to the bottom of the MC, but the lines just wouldn't line up. I ended up bending them a little by hand, I think this should work, but I won't know until I can get my new MC and try it out.

I pulled the bed off for a couple reasons, it would be easier for me to access the front hanger bolts on the leaf springs to tighten them. Also the truck has new cab corners welded in, but not finished. I'd like to grind, fill, and prime the cab corners and rockers.

I used an engine hoist with two ratchet straps and an extra set of hands.. was much easier than expected.

Truck did start right up when I pulled it out of the garage. No more exhaust leaks with the new donuts and manifold gaskets i installed
Attached Images

jasinger01 is offline   Reply With Quote