View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 11:39 PM   #9
Dylpickle

Re: In Search Of My Fathers 1972 GMC Pickup, CA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 Super View Post
Dylan,

I believe the truck was on EBay 5-6 years ago. It’s seems to me it might have been listed in Oregon at the time. The owner also had a Blue/White 4x4 that he listed. Do you have the VIN ?

Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
You have to understand These truck can have problems if this truck got up in to a cold clyment or a wet one the chance it got cancer.An so many people are out there now for the better part of 8-10 years buying theses trucks for the part out the chances this truck is still around or been hatched.Is very good.Sense its a short bed.Most guys like to convert them over the Chevy grills from 1967-68.That's the old Fad.Air ride system came out in the late 90's cut up the inside of the bed.

But again the Part out Kings is the ones that i say will end up getting them or the most of them.Seen some really nice trucks go into there back yards an shops an never to be on the road again.I've owned over 35 of these trucks.I've tried to save so many from the crusher.

Back in 2005--2010 Metal was up over 850.00 a ton for cast and steel junk car's and trucks where fetching around 1100.00 per car or truck.

Seen a lot of nice trucks and car's go in to the scrap yard to be shredded.The metal is starting to head that way again

Yes, that is one of my biggest concerns but I am hopeful that it is still on the road or just parked in a garage some where.

Dylan
Dylpickle is offline   Reply With Quote