Thread: Lunch box
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 11:09 PM   #13
The Ohioian

Re: Lunch box

Living in Ohio one has to have defrost and heat after putting everything back together. I packed a lunch and took the box to work for a couple stops. starts right up and loaded tools while the choke pulls off after the idle calms down I turned it off. Grabbed some water and closed the gate and off we go. lovin every minute of the drive shifts smoothly and after a couple mile I decide to try the heat/defrost switching between the two feeling it above the dash and below. I was thinking how well I liked the new fresh smell almost new car.

I get to a stop light and the idle is not calming down, I am running the vacuum advance distributer off the carb manifold port (yes it keeps the idle high for a couple sec) generally I push the gas like the machincal choke and it comes down to a nice idle.

today it just kept climbing it got so bad I between stops that I turned down the idle at the linkage and then turned down the mix. I limped it home surging all the way. I have trouble tuning and generally leave it alone when I think its close.
The Ohioian is offline   Reply With Quote