View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 11:35 AM   #44
LEEVON

Re: "Carmine" '79 GMC K15

Sorry TKCR I felt like I was cheating on you with this next one . I had do something about the seat belts, the plastics were completely gone and worse the webbing was distorted, dry and sun bleached. They just weren't safe and I'm afraid without a major commitment (many new parts, re-webbing etc) they're done for. I found a kit with the correct lengths for square body trucks and amazingly the correct carmine red. I'm happy enough with the belts function and look but I'm an original belt purist so this hurt a little. The install didn't go perfectly (more old truck problems) and we ended up removing the seat to cut a frozen bolt. Since we were there we cleaned the floor and interior and removed the seat cover to see what we were working with. We found the original seat in decent shape, at least nothing a little duct tape can't fix for now. It's all back together and safer for daily driving. We're looking forward to a complete interior re-do in the near future.
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 04-04-2022 at 11:45 AM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote