View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 12:41 PM   #46
LT7A

Re: "Carmine" '79 GMC K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
A little action this weekend in between baseball games. I bought one of those chinese wall-mounted pressure washers you keep seeing from the Facebook ads and have been foam cannon-ing everything I can get my hands on. This is the first wash since we got the truck believe it or not. She looking guuuud.

Tanner has been daily driving the truck and loving it. The other morning he woke me up at 5:00am with a wiper blade in his his hand. It was raining hard so I told him either improvise a repair in the rain or drive something else but don't scratch the glass! It was a good and simple lesson in "old truck problems". Well he ain't quite MacGuyver yet so he drove something else and I found on a solution. The blades they make to fit the bayonet style arms just don't fit well and the old stainless arms are weak. I found a Dorman arm that is a direct swap and uses j-hook blades. Great upgrade, nice firm contact and I can buy replacement blades for $1.99/ea. Dorman 42631 if anyone needs them.
The truck looks great and I get a kick out of covering everything in snow foam myself, haha. Good tip on the dorman wiper arms. Do they also make the $1.99 blades, or is that someone else?
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote