View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 04:11 PM   #63
Bdb68

Re: 1968 Custom Camper Duramax

For those following this build, I apologize for not posting much lately. I have done a little more work to the truck, have been driving it. Last weekend it got a little workout I used it around the house for a fencing project, including hauling over 3300lbs of bagged concrete in the bed and a loaded trailer of fencing materials. The truck hardly squatted and neither the engine or axles seemed to notice the load was even there.
I had it tuned a few weeks ago and it is night and day difference in performance and now its just down right fun to drive. The the tuner estimates 400-450hp, I plan to Dyno it whenever I get a chance and I will update you all on that. The only issues I have been having are on steering. My first steering box was sloppy and all over the road, I swapped it with a box off my square body which has around 50k miles on it. This was a lot better but still had more slop then I would like. Over the weekend I put a new re-manufactured unit from the local part store and now I have no power steering and no power assist (hydro-boost). I have tried jacking up the frontend and turning lock to lock for what seems like hours and still no luck. Does anyone have any ideas? Can it be a bad steering box causing the issue? I have never had an issue with the hydro-boost before.
Attached Images

1972 Crew Cab Project
Bdb68 is offline   Reply With Quote