Thread: 47-55.1 Brake pedal height
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 06:58 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Brake pedal height

Funny thing is that from the mid 30's until he didn't drive anymore my uncle who was about 6' 4" and drove the 30's, 40's and 50's trucks with his last truck being the 71 GMC that I have now and I never heard him fuss about leg room.

If I were to hack up a pedal so he didn't have to lift his foot so far I woudl get a pedal from someone rather than using the one out of my truck, that way when the idea doesn't work right you can put the original pedal back in and go again. The pedal has that much travel because that mechanically matches the max travel of the piston in the original master cylinder. If the pedal bottoms out before the master cylinder piston stops moving because of the pressure against the fluid you don't have any brakes.

Or you could just tell him to wear his driving shoes when he drives the truck. I've got one car that some of my shoes just flat don't work in because they are are too big and clunky.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote