View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 04:00 PM   #737
Just call me Sean

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

This is what the taillight board looks like taken apart. The bulb sockets pull out and there are little metal tabs for the bulb connections as well as tabs for the plug. They press against the metal backside of the board. I thought both filaments lit up for the reverse lights but they don't. I think I can make them both light up pretty easily, and I'm still trying to figure out how to make the upper bulb also act as a brake light. I'll need another board to take out some bulb tabs to add, which should make both reverse light filaments light up as the metal plate is there to make the second filament functional. The brake light is more complicated, the metal plate as is would make both filaments parking lights when the tabs are added. I'll need to cut a slice in the plate to isolate one tab from the parking light circuit, and add a wire to connect that portion of the plate to the brake light circuit.
Attached Images

Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote