Thread: movie trucks
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 04:17 AM   #158
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: movie trucks

There was some discussion of '72 GMC K/2500 Suburban last seen in a Black/White police panda suit, used as the hero car in ''Dark Winds'' about the Navajo Tribal Police. While watching the trailer clips from the 2022-23 series on IMDb, I saw a bronze green/tan vinyl topped '73 Lincoln Continental -- bad guy car? -- charging at 60 MPH at the camera during a heist episode. I'm almost sure that was my Dad's Lincoln. It had a 460 big block, and would pass anything on the highway but a gas station. I sold it around 2004 to a guy from work. He never got it legally registered in Arizona. I got an Abandoned Vehicle notice from the MVD that included a $500 fine. I got out of it after some sweating, since it was registered in my Dad's name and he was deceased.
Someone must have picked it up at an impound auction in Tucson, worked on it and turned it around as a picture car for this ''Dark Winds'' show set on the Navajo Rez.
Only difference was the dual headlights had these flapper doors controlled by vacuum hoses. My Dad hated the idea that the headlight covers might get stuck in the ''down'' position, so he tied them up with baling wire. Whoever fixed this car got them working right.
Tried to bag a screenshot, but I could not get it.
Not a GM product, but it was of personal interest.
Haven't seen the AMC series, but it looks good.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote