View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #62
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

A little while later, more of the sheetmetal has been fitted. Decided the old grille couldn't be saved, so ended up with a nice shiny repop from Classic Heartbeat parts - seems to be very nice quality! You can also see Marvin has feet again - new wheels and tires! He's really starting to look like his old self again.

Another angle. Here, you can see the start of fitting the rear bumper. Or should I say, front bumper. We realized that Marvin's rear bumper wasn't really a rear bumper - it was a front bumper all this time! I like it, though - the way it wraps around a bit more, so I'm definitely keeping that look. Going to tuck the bumper in and up a little for a clean look. You can also see we installed a hidden latch and hinge setup for the tailgate. And you can see that the running boards I picked up in Texas haven't been sandblasted yet, but they fit great!

15 inch chrome steelies with baby moon caps from The Wheelsmith. 15x7 in front and 15x8 in back, I believe. Tires are BF Goodrich Radial T/A - P225/70r15 in front and P255/70r15 in back. About as meaty as could fit without rubbing or tubbing modifications, I believe. Really like the look of wider tires in the back, so I considered doing mini tubs but eventually decided against it. Trying to keep with the "stock old truck" look where I can.

Nice work here with lead smoothing the cab seam, and also a nice patch over the old gas filler hole.

That running board will need a couple dents pounded out. Front bumper valance had to be stolen for something else. Will order a repop one to replace it.

I really like this angle. I think the stance is looking perfect perfect perfect. Not too low for the "friendly old truck" look, but not too high either - still a little bit of attitude.

Might be hard to see in these two pictures, but some excellent work was done here making the gaps between the doors and the cab tight and uniform.

Continued...
torchlight is offline   Reply With Quote