Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 10:08 PM   #1382
DD1

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Made by a company called Aries, they make them for all the C10, C20, K20’s etc, I assume just different mount brackets to accommodate the different frames and cab mounts, I will say I think the tubes are a bit thin and I think the foot step is just snapped into the cutout as it is plastic, but I don’t know of any other steps for the truck.

I think next on my list will be pulling the windshield and having a local glass company come out and replace it, hopefully there won’t be any bad surprises. Yes I know I should have popped out the windshield right after I did the rust repair but I wasn’t thinking ahead.

It’s Good Guys car show weekend, so I’ll probably have to go have a look.
I don't know if you need a glass company to help with the window. My understanding of the windshield for for these trucks is that you get the rubber for it, and the windshield basically gets secured between the rubber and the windshield frame. I don't think you need to glue it or anything. I could be wrong, but I would check it out first.

I searched on this forum and found various threads about installing the windshield. You might want to do a search.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote