View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #190
ivorton74

Re: Finally starting my 5.3 swap!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
It was running fine before right? I watched your video from the previous page, but the audio from in the cab isn't much to go by.

The perennial question; scan for codes?

IAC is controlled by a stepper motor, not a vacuum source or mechanical linkage like older vehicles. If you have a problem with that, for the most part its in the tune, unless you have another handicap with it. Make sure the maf is plugged in and sitting correctly, make sure you don't have an obvious vacuum leak. A very dirty tb can cause issues with the air gap on the blade, or worse if the bleed hole is plugged.

Anything else change? This doesn't seem like an issue from first start right, since you've put a couple miles on her.
It ran good when we first started it and all the times we started it. occasionally when we had the engine running the idle would drop a bit and the come back up and run smoothly again. my buddy said the pcm is probably re-learning how the engine is running now without the egr and stuff. I only drove it that one time in the video and only for a mile or so and its started to idle rough and would stall...exactly like that Ranger in that other vid I posted. I haven't been back to the shop since that time to tinker with it but I have been online researching and tryin to figure what the problem is. Im going to check the vacuum lines and make sure the intake manifold isn't leaking...ill also re-check the maf and throttle body, iac and fpr. I have to go buy the obd2 port too.
2019 Nissan Titan SV Midnight
1979 Datsun 210 4 door
1980 Datsun 120y(back home in Trinidad)
ivorton74 is offline   Reply With Quote