View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 09:50 PM   #182
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by omodified View Post
I used all of my old steering components to mock up the steering. My biggest worry is where things line up with the modified engine crossmember. As I feared, there are some clearance issues with the tie rods. I consulted with Piedmont Traction and he is going to work on adapting some NASCAR parts to work with my setup. Can't wait to see how that works out but it sounds like we are going to heim joints.

Follow up to this post... Had a chance to work with some new steering components. Piedmont Traction has been working hard at mocking up some retired Joe Gibbs Racing Gen 6 steering parts to fit this truck. Everything fits well. Like a dummy, I forgot to take pictures of the tierods installed. This setup will be nice because the adjustable slugs will allow us to dial in bumpsteer way better than the factory setup.

When we stepped back, it was obvious that the idler arm mount needed to be upgraded in appearance. I took the current idler arm mount and idler arm to work and blue light scanned them. This will allow for reverse engineering and redesign in CAD. Here is what we came up with.

Here is the centerlink model.

On to manufacturing!!! To be continued...

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote