Thread: my 48 s10 swap
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:48 PM   #21
Lrall

Re: my 48 s10 swap

Wow, sorry about the delay on the updates fellas. Where to start....Well we got the motor and trans out of the 'burb. I dunno how much ive updated so ill just go over it all haha. Sent the trans down to TBK for a rebuild, and they hooked us UP. We got corvette clutches and a new torque converter along with a complete rebuild for a very reasonable price. The '48 came up to the shop, i started disassembly last week. I got the front clip off then the box and finally the cab. Meanwhile taking a day to powerwash the 'dogsnot' out of it. Also pulled the motor(anyone need a straight 6. Pulling the cab off was an adventure. We took off the steering wheel and used a crane(or whatever) to pull the cab up and over it. Then put the cab onto a cab cart with a piece of plywood underneath to protect. I cut out the corners to make it sit flush, it worked out sweet. We rolled the frame out and its now sitting on the pad while we clean up the cab. Onto this week....the cab was waiting to be stripped, so we pulled and pushed and unwired and broke stuff till it was all clean. AKA got all the wiring undone and disconnected it inside. All that is left is the gauge wiring that connected to the motor that will come out tomorrow because we will be pulling the gauges, radio, and hopefully dash also. After that all the class will come out and were gonna scotch brite/soap/water the firewall and such to clean er up then i think were gonna paint it??? I dont for sure know what the plan is. Ill post up pics here in a mintue
Lrall is offline   Reply With Quote