View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #803
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 1970 VA Longbed Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbice70gmc View Post
This is absolutely the most detailed and informative thread I have found so far. Thanks alot you've already been alot of help to me, and I will be keeping an eye out for your next build. Did you have a hard time getting the control arm shafts back in? I have had hell, I have cleaned all the powder coating out of the ears on the control arm but these shaft caps just don't seem to fit right. They are brand new moog shafts. I have the caps on one side down to about one thread left showing where it screws into the control arm ear, which looks fine to me the other side has about 2 to 3 threads showing but the cap is definately all the way through the ear on the control arm. Every thing fills snug/tight no slack anywhere I think it should be fine. Just wondering if you ran in to this problem?
Thanks for the compliment. You need to check out Bruce88's "it's just a pickup" thread....if you think this is detailed

I have run into that before and from talking to other people that can be normal as everything is tight and snug.

My latest build is in my signature below...not as detailed but more of a budget build...