View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #8
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

Hello all,
I feel I got a few things accomplished this weekend. The passenger side of the firewall is almost ready for body filler, I will just work the welded areas. I have also started the prep work on the radiator support. I have sanded and scuffed it complete and should primer it during the week. I proceeded to clean and scuff the motor mounts. I then wiped them down and put a few good coats of por-15 chassis black on them. I used por-15 on my ’72 and really liked the results
I forgot to post it last weekend, but I dis-assembled the dash area to get it ready for the vintage air sure fit kit. I will also investigate the wiring to make sure it is in good shape (should be- everything worked in the truck, just slow) I will also try to clean up the wiring, I will do this by reading past builds by “N2TRUX” to see how he did it as well as some other builds on here. I was also able to power wash the front frame area using gunk engine cleaner along with the “purple bottle” cleaner. This coming weekend I will try to spray the frame with the por-15 so it will be ready for the LS motor and trans. Thanks for looking and as always I welcome comments and questions

More to come!! …..
Attached Images

rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote