View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #7
conoco

Re: Anyone Using Cabover/ Slide in Camper with there trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
I think Jocko hit the nail right on the head. I am constantly looking at vintage campers, although I will not keep a truck LWB long enough to buy one. A few pages ago on "Post your Craigslist Finds" , I posted a 1970 Avion Columbia that some dealer in Nashville offered up. It was a long camper with many nice features. It was 2700 lbs , and aluminum construction. I keep thinking about the CL ad in Bend Oregon that had a GMC with a like new "Beaver" camper on it. Of course, they are sold by now, but I will keep posting the gems as they pop up. Another idea that I might suggest, Find someone you can load theirs up in your truck and see how it behaves on the road. I know that might be a stretch, but I don't think it is out of the question. I will add a pic of the Beaver/GMC rig.
I really wish I could find a vintage one, there is nothing like that here in Alaska and if there is they are beat to @#&^. I wish I had more of a selection like the lower 48 sometimes. I have a couple buddies that I might be able to use to test it out. We are in full winter right now so I might have to wait. The more than likely have there winterized and tarped up. Thanks again for your thoughts.