View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 02:03 PM   #7
3drburb

Re: Classic Performance Products (CCP) - Very Questionable Business Practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper42 View Post
Namely, I think the problem here is you not inspecting the items when they first arrived. Secondly, you installed part of the order, that they improperly sent, and they didn't want previously installed parts back, thus they came up with a compromise to make you and them "happy". I highly suspect if you hadn't installed it, contacted them within the return policy period (I think 30 days for eBay items) this would not have turned out as it had. I also owned my own biz for a number of years and now deal with consumer issues at a government level. I think what CPP offered is not unreasonable, but a bit unusual relating to the feedback. They were confronted with a bit unusual set of circumstances and they made a decision to handle it this way. I may have done the same, IMO. Furthermore, I suspect they didn't know of the incorrect packaging; they might have received it from the manufacturer in the packaging that you opened. So in summary, I think it may be a lesson learned for you and hopefully them. Sorry about your issue.
This could not have been said much better.

They really didn't do anything wrong here after being contacted about incorrect and unopen parts.

Customers (WE) should always inspect ALL the parts when first received from shipping for damage also to much sure they get what they paid for and definitely before installing.

As for the feedback some may think it to be odd but, sometimes two wrongs CAN be made right with the simple compromised that was offered and not taken.
3drburb is offline   Reply With Quote