View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 09:28 PM   #111
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

After getting side tracked by other projects I was able to get something done on the cobra. The new fuel pump/sending unit thingy was delivered today so I installed the new higher flow pump on it (anyone need a brand new stock fuel pump for a 98 mustang?). Wasn't as easy as you would think. The stock pump is connected to the hard lines on the lid with flexible tubing. I first tried using regular fuel hose but it was pinching too much as I squeezed the lid down. Just not much room between the top of the pump and the lid. So I figured out a way to reuse the flexible hose, modified the bottom of the plastic housing so the pump would sit a bit lower.

The pump itself is pretty much the exact same size as the stocker but the pickup on the bottom is a little taller and not interchangeable. Nothing a Dremel tool can't fix.

I'm still waiting for delivery of the Corvette filter/regulator. Once I get that I just need to route the hoses and the fuel system is about done. I'll probably have to buy some hose rated for fuel injection though. Most of what FFR supplied was just low pressure hose, and brake lines to use as fuel line.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote