View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #44
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: What do you use on your windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Okay I'm going to drag up a dead dog here. No sense in starting a new one. I've got a problem with my wife's windshield. Mostly it only happens when it rains but when it does happen I can hardly see out of it for the terrible streaking. I thought at first it was the wipers. I bought a decent set but that didn't help. Then I cleaned the poo out of it and still no dice. I've tried several products and done several things to change the out come with very little luck. It streaks so bad that when the rain drops hit it is clearer to look out the rain drops than through the windshield. Her car is an '04 Kia Rio. I have no idea what to do about it. I've got some more ideas but if any of you fellas may have some thoughts on it please let me know. Thanks.
So, what products have you put on your windshield? I have my windshields treated with a product called "Aquapel", which is a water repellant. You can use Rain-X as a good repellant. It seems to work for me. The only difference with using a repellant, it that you have to wipe the glass one last time, when you clean it to remove any smudges.