View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 08:00 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Re: Major Disaster In Baltimore

Here are some facts about the bridge and the harbor.

All ships coming from the ocean and going back to are piloted by a US Coast Guard pilot from a point south of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. No shipping vessels pass under the Bay Bridge or Francis Scott Key Bridge into or out of the Port of Baltimore piloted by the ship's captain or crew.

After the 9/11 terrorist attacks security experts recommended constructing buffers at these bridge supports on the Francis Scott Key Bridge. That was deemed too expensive, so nothing has ever been done.

About 100 yards from this bridge is where Francis Scott key witnessed the bombardment of Ft. McHenry on Sept. 12th, 1814. That was what inspired him to write the Star Spangled Banner.

Ft. Carroll is a 3.4 acre manmade island located just southeast of the Key Bridge, built in 1848. It was designed by and built under the supervision of Brevet-Colonel Robert E. Lee
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote