View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #55
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: Got a new toy coming home next week guys :D

well been working on the steering column so more. Since i plan on using the AAW ignition switch I took all that kjunk off the factory column and I am using the key and a steering wheel lock mechanism only at this time. I am working on the firewall seal right now using an old 73-87 truck rubber seal and playing with it to see ifn I can make it work on the external firewall hole. the turn signal lever is doen with a few pieces of scrap from huney do projects. Since I was not able to reuse the bright light awitch and wiper switch assembly on the column. Pretty happy with thing to date. Next up withh be doing a similar mod like I did to my ididit column to hel keep it from rotating in the bracket inside the truck.
Thinking about the vortec head idea great idea but gonna rebuild the 283 heads with new hardened valve seats and save some money on manifold and whatever else needed for a vortec swap.
Heading down to all american classics in vancouver wa 1st of march when I go to pick up the nv4500 2wd transmission from lkq and check out that junkyard and see what all he has laying around .
Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote