View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #63
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

So I barely had the car ready to go in time but no wheels for the track tires I bought. I had ordered 165/55-14's so I could use the wheels I already had but found out that they were backordered until late Feb. I ordered a set of 165/50-15's and started looking for 15" wheels that would fit. Found a set of Riken mesh wheels that were the perfect offset and size but the seller kept making excuses when I tried to meet him to pick them up. Ended up leaving out for Arizona with tires but no wheels, so I was constantly checking craigslist along the way out. I found a set of Audi 100 wheels in Arkansas not far off the interstate and was able to buy them and get the tires mounted before we arrived at the track.

My sister and brother in law came along on the trip. We used his tow dolly to pull the car most of the way, though I did take it off in New Mexico to get some miles on it before going straight to the track.

We arrived in Phoenix wednesday night and everyone started working on getting Charlie's track car ready.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote